North Mississippi Branch Experiment Station
The North Mississippi Branch Experiment Station was established in 1904 by the Mississippi legislature. The station was originally established on 200 acres of severely eroded hill land adjoining the northeast city limits of Holly Springs. Because of the hilly terrain and lack of suitable plot land, 188 acres were purchased 3 miles north in 1928. In 1947, an additional 220 acres adjacent to the 188 acres was purchased, the original property was sold, new buildings were built and the station moved to its present location. An adjoining 100 acres was added in 1951 making up the present 508 acres. The station's first location was selected to study erosion control and soil fertility in cotton and corn. Most of the pioneering work in using terraces for erosion control began with the station's establishment.
42 MAFES Circle
Holly Springs, MS 38865